An adaptation of a recipe done by Le Roy Rene in collaboration with AFTERNOON TEA, published by Le Roy Rene (recipe and photography credited to https://www.calisson.com/gb/content/29-white-nougat-tiramisu)
Time: (Preparation: 20 minutes) 4 hours
For 8 Servings
- 400g mascarpone
- 80g icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp The Great Cape Vanilla Crème De Nougat
- 36 finger biscuits
- 80g pistachio nuts
- 1 cup instant coffee
For the decoration
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 200ml whipped cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp The Great Cape Vanilla Crème De Nougat
- crushed pistachio nuts to sprinkle
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the sugar and the yolks until they turn white.
- Add the mascarpone and the vanilla nougat cream. Mix until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Beat the egg whites until firm. Using a spatula, delicately and gradually add the white of egg to the mascarpone/nougat mixture.
- Add the crushed pistachio nuts, keep a few for decoration.
- Place the mixture in the fridge.
- Dunk the biscuits in the coffee and line the bottom of your dish
- Add a layer of cream, a drizzle of honey and cover with a layer of biscuits dunked in coffee, continuing layer by layer until you reach the rim of the dish.
- Finish with a layer of cream. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preparing the cream for the decoration:
- Using an electric whisk beat the cream until firm. When it starts to thicken, add the mascarpone and the nougat cream.
- Continue to beat the cream until firm. You can add sugar if the mixture is not sweet enough.
- Remove the tiramisu from the fridge and with an icing bag, decorate with the cream.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachio nuts and add a drizzle of honey.