500ml Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Macadamia Nut Oil. Macadamia nut oil has a mild buttery, nutty flavor. With a high content of monounsaturated fat, selenium as well as omegas 3 and 7 fatty acids, it is a heart healthy oil. It is suitable for frying, baking, roasting and drizzling over salad.
- Macadamia nut oil is among the highest in beneficial monounsaturated fats, which are often described as the “good oil”.
- Macadamia nut oil is very low in omega-6 fats, which have been associated with cancer and cardiovascular disease. It is believed that the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 in the typical western diet today stands at more than 10 to 1. Before the widespread use of cheaper seed oils in junk food, the ratio was closer to 3 to 1.
- Macadamia nut oil has no trans-fatty acids, and the rate of saturated fat is comparatively low when compared to other types of oil.
- Macadamias contain no cholesterol, and research has shown that it may help to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Macadamias are not genetically modified.